Coursework: Ignite presentation learner response

COURSEWORK: Ignite presentation learner response

 1) Type up your feedback in full including the ratings out of five for each of the categories. 

WWW: 
- good introduction                                                                             1: RESEARCH - 5
- well prepared/rehearsal                                                                 2: CONCEPT - 4
- good body language                                                                       3: LANGUAGE - 4
- good slides                                                                                        4: REPRESENTATION - 3
- bullet points                                                                                       5: INDUSTRY - 3                                         
- detailed treatments                                                                         6: DELIVERY - 4
- good images
- representation: Hall                                                                                              = 23
- psychographics
- genre theory

EBI:
- typos on slides
- repetition
- more varied images - repetitive
- industry more detail
- van zoonen

2) Use this feedback, comments from peers and your own reflection on your presentation to self-assess and write your own detailed WWW and EBI for your coursework concept and presentation as a whole.

WWW: I think one of the main things that went well was my preparation because I had rehearsed my presentation beforehand, which made me feel more confident when presenting. I also think my slides worked well because I used bullet points and images instead of putting too much writing on them. My research was probably my strongest area, which is shown by getting 5/5, as I included different theories such as Stuart Hall, genre theory and psychographics. I think these helped me explain why I had made certain choices for my Solaré concept. My delivery also went well because I used good body language and was able to explain my ideas rather than just reading from the slides.

EBI: I think I need to be more careful when checking my slides before presenting because I had a few typos. I also used some images that were quite similar, so next time I should use a wider variety to make my presentation more interesting. I could also have gone into more detail about the music industry and how my artist would actually be marketed and promoted. Another thing I need to improve is repetition because I repeated some of the same ideas instead of using that space to add more detail. I could also use van Zoonen more when talking about the representation of women and how my artist challenges some traditional representations.

3) Write a paragraph discussing how your presentation will lead into your actual coursework production. Do you need to update your statement of intent? Does your concept offer enough clarity? Is it appropriate for the audience specified in the brief? Is it achievable to film with the resources you have available? Can you add media terminology or theory to your statement of intent now you have reflected on your presentation and seen others? 

My presentation has helped me make my coursework concept clearer before I start producing it. Solaré has a clear futuristic and space-themed identity which I can keep consistent across my TikToks, website and drink advert through the colours, costumes, lighting and overall style. My feedback has also made me realise that I need to develop the representation side of my idea more, especially by using van Zoonen alongside Stuart Hall. I think my concept is appropriate for my target audience because it is aimed at mainstream music fans, especially teenagers and young people who are interested in music, fashion and social media. It is also achievable with the resources I have because I can create the space theme through lighting, editing, props and costumes without needing expensive locations. I think I should update my statement of intent slightly by adding more media terminology and theory, such as enigma codes, genre conventions and van Zoonen, as well as making the industry side of my idea clearer. Overall, my presentation has helped me understand what I want my final products to look like and what I need to improve before I start filming.


Comments

Popular Posts